Employer Unemployment Compensation Accounts
NEW - Wage Reporting Tool
Click here to learn more about
Wage Reporting Tool
Download Wage Reporting Tool
ERIC works best with:
- Screen resolution of 1366 x 768.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 11.0 for Windows.
- Safari 5.1 for Mac OS X.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
February 27, 2017!
- Based on feedback from employers, several improvements have been made to the Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC), Ohio's unemployment insurance system. ERIC is:
- • Accessible from a shorter web link: eric.ohio.gov
- • Fully compatible with Internet Explorer 11
- • Now requiring password changes once a year instead of once every six months and allow users to request password resets via email or online
- • Utilizes the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat software to make viewing and print correspondence easier
- Employers and third-party administrators can manage all their business related to unemployment contributions, including registering new businesses, filing quarterly reports and making tax payments.
- Be sure to bookmark: eric.ohio.gov.
ERIC Early Federal Loan Payoff Means Employers will see a Reduction of $72 Per Employee
In June 2016, Governor Kasich signed HB 390 giving ODJFS the authority to pay off the remaining balance of the Federal Unemployment loan using state funds. This early payoff means employers will see a reduction of $72 per employee in their overall Federal/State unemployment cost. Without the early payoff, Ohio employers would have been assessed an additional 1.8% per employee in FUTA taxes.
To replenish the state loan, experienced rated employers will pay an additional rate on their 2017 state unemployment quarterly reports. This additional rate (0.6%) will be listed in the Mutual Rate portion of the 2017 rate notice. Money collected from this additional rate will be used to repay the state loan. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Contribution Section at 614-466-2319.