Employer Unemployment Compensation Accounts
NEW - Wage Reporting Tool
Click here to learn more about
Wage Reporting Tool
Download Wage Reporting Tool
ERIC works best with:
- Screen resolution of 1366 x 768.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 11.0 for Windows.
- Safari 5.1 for Mac OS X.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Ohio will soon have a new unemployment insurance system: The SOURCE (State of Ohio Unemployment Resource for Claimants and Employers). The SOURCE will provide a user-friendly, self-service experience, tailored to meet the needs of employers and claimants alike.
For more information,
go to http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/TheSOURCE/index.stm.
Most employers and third-party administrators already file their quarterly state unemployment tax reports online. Those that don't must begin doing so with the first quarter 2018 reports, which are due by April 30, 2018.
The reports can be filed either through the Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC) at eric.ohio.gov or the Ohio Business Gateway at business.ohio.gov. ERIC allows employers and third-party administrators to manage all their business related to unemployment contributions online, including registering new businesses, filing quarterly reports and making tax payments. The Gateway allows Ohio employers to pay their unemployment contributions, as well as other state taxes, online.
In December 2016, legislation was passed to help ensure the future solvency of the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund. This legislation increases the taxable wage base for the 2018 and 2019 calendar years from $9,000 to $9,500. This means effective first quarter 2018 employers will pay state unemployment taxes on the first $9,500 in actual (not prorated) wages paid to each of their covered employees. Payments for the first quarter of 2018 will be due April 30th. If you have questions, please call the Contribution Section at (614) 466-2319.
February 27, 2017!
- Based on feedback from employers, several improvements have been made to the Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC), Ohio's unemployment insurance system. ERIC is:
- • Accessible from a shorter web link: eric.ohio.gov
- • Fully compatible with Internet Explorer 11
- • Now requiring password changes once a year instead of once every six months and allow users to request password resets via email or online
- • Utilizes the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat software to make viewing and print correspondence easier
- Employers and third-party administrators can manage all their business related to unemployment contributions, including registering new businesses, filing quarterly reports and making tax payments.
- Be sure to bookmark: eric.ohio.gov.
ODJFS works hard to reduce improper payments, but we can't do it alone. If you are an employer, please respond accurately and timely to all agency requests for information. Doing so will help reduce improper payments and could also lower your unemployment tax rate.